English & Scottish Discovery
- Discover England and Scotland on our 9 day coach tour. Tour Highlightsinclude a London Welcome Dinner, Scottish Ceilidh, Sheepdog Trialsa Beatles-Themed Tour in Liverpool, Lake District, Edinburgh Castleand Culloden Battlefield.
Day 1: London Arrival & Orientation
The tour will begin after you’ve landed at Heathrow Airport. We will transfer you to your hotel. In the afternoon you are free to enjoy an introductory jaunt around some of London’s attractions and main areas of interest.
In the evening meet your tour director and fellow travellers for a welcome drink before sitting down to a nice meal.(D)
Day 2: London Bus Tour & Tower of London
Day 2 will consist of exploring London at your own pace on an open-top tour bus where you will see the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus and more. You may also take a walking tour and a cruise on the River Thames. A visit to the Tower of London is a must. (B)
Day 3: Stratford & Liverpool
On day 3 you will drive through the Cotswolds which is a charming hilly region with mellow-hued stone houses. You will stop in Stratford-upon-Avon where you can enjoy a look around. Continue onwards to Liverpool where a local guide will point out many of the places of interest. For fans of the Beatles, you will enjoy passing through the streets and places they made famous including the Cavern Club.
You will then check in to your hotel before enjoying a delicious meal. (B, D)
Day 4: Lake District & Gretna Green
Day 4 will begin with a drive through the Lake District where you will find the stunning views of lakes, gentle hills and valleys. Next you will head to Bowness-on- Windermere and visit the World of Beatrix Potter to see some of the characters that she created. You will have the opportunity to stop at the Old Blacksmith’s Shop at Gretna Green before continuing onwards to Edinburgh.
Later in the evening you will be able to enjoy dining at a restaurant in the city centre. (B, D)
Day 5: Edinburgh Castle & City Tour
Today will begin with a tour of Edinburgh where you will see the medieval town and the 200-year-old Georgian “New Town” with its wide streets and elegant squares. Pass through famous Princes Street where you will enjoy prime shopping outlets.
Then you will be able to travel along the Royal Mile to Edinburgh Castle for a guided tour. There are plenty of great views over the city. The afternoon and evening are free to do as you please!
Please note that on the August 3 to 17 departures you will have reserved seats for the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. (B)
Day 6: Sheepdogs & Culloden
Day 6 begins with a drive into the Highlands where you can enjoy the stunning scenery and majestic peaks. Visit Leault Farm where dogs herd sheep and ducks through various obstacles. You will be able to tour the Culloden Battlefield Visitor Centre where you will find the spot where Bonnie Prince Charlie was defeated in 1746.
Once you are finished here head to Inverness where you can enjoy a special ceilidh with Scottish music. (B, D)
Day 7: Scottish Highlands & Loch Lomond Cruise
On the seventh day of our tour, you will have the opportunity to see more great scenery as you drive along the famous beautiful shores of Loch Ness. Watch out for ‘Nessie’ the famous sea monster!
You will then travel through Glen Coe, a spectacular valley made famous by the Campbells’ massacre of the Clan Macdonald in 1692. Enjoy a scenic cruise on Loch Lomond and a short orientation tour around Glasgow. (B, D)
Day 8: Tour Ends Glasgow Airport
As this is the final day of the tour, you will receive a group transfer to Glasgow Airport. (B)
Tour Start Date Tour End Date Land price Twin Sharing (USD $) Guranteed Departure Book
2013 English & Scottish Discovery - 8 Days/7 Nights
Fri 24 May 13 Fri 31 May 13 $1,868.00 Sold Out Fri 31 May 13 Fri 07 Jun 13 $1,868.00 Sold Out Fri 07 Jun 13 Fri 14 Jun 13 $1,868.00 Sold Out Fri 14 Jun 13 Fri 21 Jun 13 $1,868.00 Sold Out Fri 21 Jun 13 Fri 28 Jun 13 $1,868.00 Sold Out Fri 28 Jun 13 Fri 05 Jul 13 $1,868.00 Available Book Fri 05 Jul 13 Fri 12 Jul 13 $1,868.00 Available Book Fri 12 Jul 13 Fri 19 Jul 13 $1,868.00 Available Book Fri 19 Jul 13 Fri 26 Jul 13 $1,868.00 Available Book Fri 26 Jul 13 Fri 02 Aug 13 $1,868.00 Available Book Fri 02 Aug 13 Fri 09 Aug 13 $2,036.00 Sold Out Fri 09 Aug 13 Fri 16 Aug 13 $2,036.00 Sold Out Fri 16 Aug 13 Fri 23 Aug 13 $2,036.00 Sold Out Fri 23 Aug 13 Fri 30 Aug 13 $1,868.00 Available Book Fri 30 Aug 13 Fri 06 Sep 13 $1,868.00 Available Book Fri 06 Sep 13 Fri 13 Sep 13 $1,868.00 Available Book Fri 13 Sep 13 Fri 20 Sep 13 $1,868.00 Available Book Fri 20 Sep 13 Fri 27 Sep 13 $1,868.00 Available Book Fri 27 Sep 13 Fri 04 Oct 13 $1,868.00 Available Book Fri 04 Oct 13 Fri 11 Oct 13 $1,758.00 Available Book Fri 11 Oct 13 Fri 18 Oct 13 $1,758.00 Available Book Fri 18 Oct 13 Fri 25 Oct 13 $1,698.00 Available Book
- What's Included
- Group transfers at start and end of tour
- Sightseeing by luxury coach
- Professional tour director
- 7 nights in hotels listed below
- Full breakfast daily except on day 1 (B)
- H 5 dinners (D) including:
- Welcome dinner in London
- Restaurant in Edinburgh
- 3 table d’ hote dinners
- Welcome get-together drink
- Sightseeing tours of London, Edinburgh and Glasgow
- London open-top bus tour
- Beatles-themed tour of Liverpool with a local guide
- Sheepdog trials at Leault Farm
- Ceilidh with singers, piper and dancers in Inverness
- Loch Lomond sightseeing cruise
- Edinburgh Military Tattoo on August 3 to 17 departures
- H Visits and admissions to Tower of London,
- World of Beatrix Potter, Old Blacksmith’s
- Shop at Gretna Green, Edinburgh Castle
- and Culloden Battlefield Visitor Centre
- Deluxe flight bag, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
- All local taxes, hotel service charges & porterage for one suitcase per person
Stay at the following (or similar):
- Radisson Edwardian Grafton Hotel, London (2 nights)
- Hilton Hotel, Liverpool (1 night)
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh (2 nights)
- Columba Hotel, Inverness (1 night)
- Menzies Hotel, Glasgow(1 night)